Friday, April 17, 2009

Realize the Competition..

I look into the mirror
And see a very diff face
I step back in terror
His reflex matches my pace

With caution in my winds
I take on the role of a sleuth
His stare to match mine brings
Me face to face with bitter truth

On closer look I realise that the face is actually not very different to mine. It’s a darker side of me, more like a devil. Filled with disgusting wicked thoughts and destruction being the prima motive.

The next day I wake up to see
A face that is exactly like me
No portrayal of a horrendous side
Me with the socio rules to abide

But once again sometime next week
The dark face gave me a sudden freak
Took me a while to realize the competition
My two faces played as an obsession

Winner adorned my facade that day
Shaped the deeds of my life in a way
Sometime I was the happy content me
During rest it was the devil ghastly thee

6 Comments:

Blogger srikanth said...

And its a game of hiding the "other" face from the world. Always having to show the "good" face, the game is rightly termed competition. A cut-throat one.

Haven't been visiting blog for a long time now.

10:22 PM  
Blogger srikanth said...

I think an interesting subject is a hypothetical conversation between the two faces. It has come in the movies, but would be good to have a different view at it.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Vinitha said...

hey thats a nice thought.. sounds good.. will see if something works in that way..

This need for the other face that we need to put up for the world has always be at the back of my mind. Its a pity, but true..

2:07 PM  
Blogger srikanth said...

I agree. The world, like a child is too naive to be given only the sweet side. It often deserves the rod too. :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Vinitha said...

oh yeah.. i totally agree and have to admit that i have done it too..

sometimes for the person in front of u to get the right msg, the sweet side must go :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger srikanth said...

"Spare the rod and spoil the child" says the Holy Bible.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home